Monday, March 21, 2016

Poster Stance Blog Reflection

                         

                        (First)                                                                                      (Final)


-Do you believe your stance clear within your poster? Defend your answer- image, fonts, color, composition, etc. 
My stance is that people, especially women, do not express who they truly are on the internet. The text successfully reflects this. "Who am I trying to be? and Who am I?" emphasize that the image isn't a clear representation of who she is. She is confused as to why she has to prove herself to others. The girl in the image is crying and colored black to show her sadness. 
-From your initial thumbnail sketches to your hand drawn draft- Do you feel you were successful in re-creating your poster idea digitally? If not, do you like the new visual outcome? 
I definitely improved from my initial draft. My first hand drawn draft represented the first digital draft. The composition is a bit unclear as there isn't an exact focal point. Thus, I placed the crying girl into the Instagram border.  

-What were the changes you made from your first version to the last version of the poster? Explain why you made those changes?
My first change was placing the woman into the Instagram border rather then having her cover the entire page. This is a more ideal representation of Instagram and and how people express themselves. I also got rid of the girl in the bikini from my first draft. This is because there is no emotions shown from that picture which will make the poster unclear.  
-Looking over your rubric, which category do you think your project is strongest? Explain why. Which category do you feel the least confident? Explain why.
I feel confident about the concept category. My idea is shown clearly by having an Instagram theme. I feel the least confident in the skills and technique category because the overall program was difficult to use and understand.

-What was the most challenging aspect of the project, conceptually? 
Conceptually, getting my idea out was challenging. From my initial thumbnail sketches, my poster has definitely changed. I realized there are many ways to enhance a single idea if you keep making multiple drafts.

-What was most challenging about the project, technically?

 Technically, understanding how to use the program was challenging. It was a completely new program to me so everything was difficult. Such as making the "Who am I" text. I actually followed a step by step tutorial to make this Instagram text.

4 comments:

  1. This is lit!! I like how your theme progressed over the course of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Poster is strong and made it clear on the stance. You feel as if people, esp women don't express who they truly are on the internet. The design is clever.

    However, would eliminating promoters of "fakness", such as filters, makeup, etc, lessen the issue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the message because it's so relatable. Who hasn't scrolled through someone's instagram and think "I wish I was her"? We don't know what really happens behind the scenes of the post.

    ReplyDelete